Scheduling price changes
BEFORE SETTING A SCHEDULE FOR PRICE CHANGES HERE ARE SOME VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- When a price change schedule reaches the end date & time, the prices will revert back to the exact price it was at the start of the schedule. If you manually change the price of a product while a schedule is running, the price will still go back to what it was before the schedule had started.
- Do not set more than one price change on the same product at the same time. This includes scheduling collections that contain the same product. This could result in a product being discounted on top of an existing discount!
- If an impossible discount is attempted (e.g. $50 discount on a product costing $20) then the price change will not be applied.
- When a scheduled discount is applied to a product, the original price is set as the "compare at price" which allows you to show the discount on your product.
To set a schedule for price changes, head to 'Schedules' and follow the normal process for your scheduling;
- Name your schedule
- Pick the type of schedule; in this case 'price discount or change' (shown below)
- Choose your Products or Collections (only available for unlimited plan)
Once you've chosen the above, you have the following options available for your price change schedules;
Discount prices: prices will be discounted/reduced by the amount or percentage you set.
Raise prices: prices will be increased by the amount or percentage you set.
Percentage: prices will be discounted/raised by the percentage value you set in the field below (e.g 20%).
Fixed amount: prices will be discounted/raised by an exact amount (e.g. +20)
Don't round prices: after the discount/price rise, the final prices will not be rounded.
Round prices up: when the discount/raise is applied, the price will be rounded up to a value of your choice. You can enter any value in pence so 0.00 - 0.99. For example, if you have a product that with a 10% discount is £9.00 but you want to round the prices up to £0.49 for everything, the price would be rounded up to £9.49
Round prices down: when the discount/raise is applied, the price will be rounded down to a value of your choice. You can enter any value in pence so 0.00 - 0.99. For example, if you have a product that with a 10% discount is £9.00 but you want to round the prices up to £0.49 for everything, the price would be rounded up to £9.49
There is a very handy "example" box that will show you an example discount/price raise based on the options you have selected:
To save your schedule, click the blue "Save" button.